Showing posts from August, 2017

Kennedy Grace Creations- Beautiful Blooms- Sweet Rose

Welcome to my Blog-

Here's my first card using stamps from Kennedy Grace Creations.  I wanted to create a window card with the sentiment on the inside panel. For the window, I used a MFTs die (I die cut it at the end of  making the card).  First off, I stamped and masked the rose images (three in all), then used an Altenew stencil with their shimmer ink spray for the background.  It is very shimmery, which you can't really see here. Once dry, I removed the masks and began my Copic coloring.  I wanted the yellow roses to be very light, so I left some white edges along some of the petals. However, they didn't end up as light as I had wished.  The pink is a nice dusty rose color which I think complements the yellow quite well.  Once the leaves were done, I went to work on the window portion of the card.  I die cut the window, then mounted the panel onto some fun foam for dimension. I then mounted that onto a NSW #110 card base that I had die cut out the window in the same lo…

Stamping bella card

Here's a relatively simple, single layer card I made from one of my favorite stamp companies,Stamping bella. I actually made it for my niece's birthday.  I first stamped and masked the main images, then drew in the baseboard to delineate the wall from the floor.  I then used my Copic markers and airbrushed the background while masking off the areas of different colors.  Once the airbrushing was done, I removed the masks and proceeded to color the stamped images.  I really wanted the light to pop off the page, so I tried coloring the images with that in mind.  After stamping the sentiment, I added clear Wink of Stella to a few select areas. I mounted my NSW #110 panel onto some Stampin' Up! orange card-stock, and it was done.  Ready to put in the mail!


Stamping bella - tiny townie Dorthy the Dreamer
Stamping bella - tiny townie room decor lamp and frames
Copic Sketch markers + compressor for airbrushing
Simon Says Stamp Masking paper
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink

The Ton's Anemones and Distress Oxide Inks+

Adventures in Coloring!

Welcome to my card-making blog. For those of you new to my site, today I hope to inspire you a bit to try something new.  This card was definitely a first for me.  First time using The Ton's Fresh Cut Anemones (layered stamp), and first time using my Distress Oxide inks for stamping (I'd used them in other techniques, but not this one).  Since I am not very familiar with anemones, I checked out images in Google Chrome.  I came across a picture of several different colored anemones in a bed of foliage (like you were looking down at them).  They were gorgeous, and I loved the green foliage background against the deep/bright colors of the flowers.  So I now had an idea for my card.  I figured I would need to watercolor the background and then stamp the actual leaves on top of that.  I started with some Arches Cold Press watercolor paper and pulled out my MISTI as I figured I'd need to re-stamp the images several times to get a good, solid impression wi…

The Ton's August Challenge - My "Guest Designer" debut!

Hello again friends and crafters,

I have been working fervently the last couple of weeks designing my card for The Ton's August Challenge as a guest designer.  For August, the cue word is "SUMMER".

​ ​
As I began thinking on this challenge and looking at my stash (of growing) Ton stamps, I couldn't help but think of summer vacations in Maui with it's beautiful beaches and HUGE waves.  One of my recent acquisitions was their Wave stamp (it's amazing!).  I also recently got their Palm Tree stamp and I went to work designing a card using those two stamp sets. They are Layered stamps, so this card is not my typical kind of water-colored or Copic-colored card.  Needless to say, the stamps are amazing.  I did hand color the background of the card, but the card took longer to make than some of my fully hand colored cards.  I experimented with ink colors, material for the oval frame, etc.  This was the first card that I made a practice card first, again playing with …