I am a retired nurse rediscovering my artistic roots. I make handmade cards, and sometimes include small works of art on my blog as well. I will provide a primary products list and a description of the techniques that I used to make each card, and give credit for layout or design of a card if not of my own unique creation.
Using Canson XL watercolor paper cut to ~3.5" square, I stamped the main floral image with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. I masked the image with some Molotow Art Masking Fluid, letting it dry. I then water-colored the background stripes using Daniel Smith Mayan Blue Genuine watercolor in varying intensity. When that was dry, I spattered flecks of about 4 different colors (I might have been a little heavy-handed here!). Once dry, I removed the masking fluid and water-colored the floral image with several complementary Daniel Smith watercolors. I also used a little clear Wink Of Stella on the light portions of the leaves and the tips of the flowers. I then used a SSS Stitched Squares die on this panel. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set in Versafine Onyx Black ink and glued on the sequins from the KGCs mixes, Cotton Candy and Chantilly Cream.
I did struggle a bit with how I wanted to use this panel. I finally decided I liked it positioned as a diamond, foam mounted to some black cardstock. The black and white background paper is from MFTs. I off-set the pink colored panel and hand drew the stitched lines. I felt it needed some sparkle, so I found some adhesive backed silver glitter paper, cut a strip and placed it along the left edge of the pink panel. All of this was adhered to a 5.5' square card-base.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my card. I've linked the Kennedy Grace Creations products to the store for your convenience. This post will be included on the Kennedy Grace Creations Blog, as well as FB and IG.
Sending prayers to all of you affected by the recent tragedies. My heart goes out to you.
To make this card, I started with a standard A2 side folding card base of 110# NSW card stock. I measured my stamped image for the inside panel, then cut away the excess from the top panel, reserving a narrow side strip (it will create the sandwich for the acetate and cover-up the tape on the back side of the top colored panel). I then cut a piece of clear acetate a bit larger than the stamped image and wide enough to line up with the outside edge of the card. Next I went abo…
Got my new order from The Ton Stamps and just had to make a card for their June Color Palette Challenge (gorgeous colors)- see image below. My card used the Large Peony 5 stamp and dies, the Peony Cluster Mini Stamp/die, and their Geometric Lattice background die in a shimmery black card stock, and the sentiment banner die was from MFTs dies. I water-colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and heat-embossed all the images in black. Background watercolor paper from Stampin' Up! 3 Dew Drops finish off the card. On assembly, I decided the card needed a little shimmer, so I added a diluted layer of Ken Oliver Craft's Liquid Metal in Metallic Rose to the Peony mini clusters only. Then I was satisfied.
I have been working fervently the last couple of weeks designing my card for The Ton's August Challenge as a guest designer. For August, the cue word is "SUMMER".
As I began thinking on this challenge and looking at my stash (of growing) Ton stamps, I couldn't help but think of summer vacations in Maui with it's beautiful beaches and HUGE waves. One of my recent acquisitions was their Wave stamp (it's amazing!). I also recently got their Palm Tree stamp and I went to work designing a card using those two stamp sets. They are Layered stamps, so this card is not my typical kind of water-colored or Copic-colored card. Needless to say, the stamps are amazing. I did hand color the background of the card, but the card took longer to make than some of my fully hand colored cards. I experimented with ink colors, material for the oval frame, etc. This was the first card that I made a practice card first, again playing with …